With Thanksgiving coming up tomorrow, I like everyone, am immersed in feeling grateful and thankful. And taking stock of all the wonderful people, things, opportunities, and everything that I have to feel grateful for.
Here are just a few things:
- My two beautiful, healthy daughters
- Fantastic clients I love who are crushing it
- A thriving business I’m passionate about, which gives me the opportunity to create change for others
- Wonderful, loving and supportive friends
- Living in a city I love
That’s just a start but you get the idea. Why not start your own list?
Gratitude can and will turn your business and life around. Here’s why.
Gratitude shifts your mindset. For something to change in your life, you need to change yourself, not wait for life to change. When you’re stuck in a problem mentality you miss the opportunities for solutions, simply because you don’t even hear them or see them. Gratitude opens your eyes.
Gratitude is universal–it crosses all boundaries regardless of gender, culture and social status.
Gratitude is the foundation of all meaningful relationships and is highly contagious.
Gratitude in leadership can make an employees, co-workers and managers feel validated and appreciated and creates solutions.
Gratitude in business can make customers feel important, heard and valued and loyal.
Gratitude in life can bring joy, meaning and peace to turmoil and stressful situations, or bliss to already ideal scenarios.
Gratitude has the power to transform.
And here are 30 Quotes of Thanksgiving and Gratitude That Will Change Your Life that I’ve compiled and that I’m pondering which you too might feel uplifting and they might even turn your moment, day or year around!
1. None is more impoverished than the one who has no gratitude. Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.– Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
2. A grateful mind is a great mind, which eventually attracts to itself great things. —Plato
3. The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings! — Henry Ward Beecher
4. Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. — Marcel Proust
5. Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life. —Northrup Christiane
6. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. —Marcus Tullius Cicero
7. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. —G.K. Chesterton
8. To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch heaven. —Johannes Gaertner
9. It is necessary to cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude. —Wallace D. Wattles
10. Gratitude always comes into play; research shows that people are happier if they are grateful for the positive things in their lives, rather than worrying about what might be missing. —Dan Buettner
11. The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. —Friedrich Nietzsche
12. When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around. —Willie Nelson
13. To live a life fulfilled, reflect on the things you have with gratitude. —Jaren Davis
14. He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have. —Socrates
15. What you truly acknowledge truly is yours. Invite your heart to be grateful and your thank-yous will be heard even when you don’t use words. —Pavithra Mehta
16. In all affairs, it’s a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted. —Bertrand Russell
17. They are not poor that have little, but they that desire much. The richest man, whatever his lot, is the one who’s content with his lot. —Dutch proverb
18. If you can’t reward, then you should thank. —Arabic proverb
19. Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty. —Unknown
20. Stop thinking of gratitude as a byproduct of your circumstances and start thinking of it as a worldview. —Bryan Robles
21.Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses. —Alphonse Karr
22. The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated. —William James
23. Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful. —David Steindl-Rast
25. Be grateful, not only for others, but for yourself. —Unknown
26. It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it. —Dale Carnegie
27. They do not love, that do not show their love. —William Shakespeare
28. If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. —Meister Eckhart
29. In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy. —Albert Clarke
30. Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good. —Maya Angelou
I wish you the most beautiful Thanksgiving if you are celebrating it as a formal holiday, or if you are not, then the most beautiful, Thankful day.
And I would love to hear what you are grateful for, so comment below!
With Love and to your Success,